Friday, August 22, 2014

Things That Are Coming Up.

You should feel very lucky - I have a surfing lesson on Sunday so that should ensure an endless number of blog posts about how good I am at it. Or not. But I find that hard to believe, what with being born in Hawaii and all. Pretty sure surfing is like golf, super easy to pick up the first time. The hardest part is going to be getting into the wetsuit - I can't decide whether to get all greased up first so I slide on in or try the powder method. Either way, whether I look greasy or covered in white powder, it's not going to be attractive.

Then there's the end of October* where I will be going to Harvard for a negotiation course. You know how you tell your mother you got accepted to Harvard and it kind of gets blown out of proportion when she's telling her friends at coffee, when the reality is your company paid Harvard to take you. It's a 3 day course at the end of which, there will be no degree from Harvard but I have high hopes for one of those sweatshirts...the best part about this is that I get to go to Boston and Cambridge which were on my sub-bucket list**.

But wait, there's more - I'm also tagging a trip to Chicago on the end of my Harvard education. Never been, was on the sub-bucket list but even better, I'm going to watch the New Zealand All Blacks play rugby***. Which is on the main bucket list. Sounds like quite a few Kiwis are going - I'm going to be friends with all of them. I hope someone will bring mince n cheese pies.
You don't know about this, America but there is nothing better than a meat pie when you're walking home after a night on the turps.  Just stop by your local servo (gas station), get a pie out of the warmer. Blow on it first for goodness sake.
If you don't know about blowing on the pie, you're liable to get seriously hurt...

*I know, not exactly soon but there seem to be some gaps in my social calendar.
**You know, a list of places to go and things to do that are not exactly top priority but are achievable as opposed to the things on your bucket list like visiting the moon.  That way you can die happy knowing you completed your bucket list.  No one needs to know it was the sub-bucket.  Except the people that read your blog and that person might die before you.  So, you're good.
***Against the US Eagles.  Which is not really playing Rugby - it's schooling America...

No comments:

Post a Comment