Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Random Grocery Shopping Thoughts

  • There's a rumor that supermarkets are supposed to be great for getting dates but you have to be able to read the code of the food in the target's trolley*. Pretty sure it's all about the bananas and their placement - allegedly if the bananas are facing up, it means the person is gay and single. If they were facing down, it means they are straight and single. On a side note, it must be awkward for people who are oblivious of the code and are just buying bananas. All I know is that I don't like bananas so I substituted with a jalapeno and now I'm either in a gang or engaged.
  • I have an uncanny ability to pick the trolley that doesn't want to go in the same direction as me. All the wheels are at odds with each other.
  • No way am I going back to the car for a second trip to bring the groceries in. Doesn't matter how much I buy I always think I can make it in one trip. Even when I have to park a block away. By the time I get in the door, I have no circulation left in any of my fingers and packaging has slit open a gash in my arm. But I made it. I beat the groceries.
  • Some days I'm ashamed of the contents of my trolley and I want to put a sign on the front asking people not to judge me and the emotional state I am clearly in...
  • Do you ever go and spend $100 bucks on groceries and then come home and order dinner because you can't be bothered cooking?
  • I always make a list before I go. Sometimes I even bring it.
  • Sometimes I go to the supermarket just for the free samples. Then I leave. Thanks for lunch. 
  • When I first came to America, grocery shopping was fun - the food was so different and you don't have to peel your own carrots!  
  • Grocery shopping at Target is a mistake.  We all know what happens when you go to Target for regular stuff.  Now that they have groceries, I have a 5lb gummy bear. 
We're friends.
 *Shopping cart for Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment