Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Cat Is a Libra

He was born on October 13th*, 2005. The Libra symbol as you know is the Scales** of Justice which is very fitting as Albert has a very fair sense of right and wrong. For instance, everything I do is wrong and he is always right. And there's to be no more discussion about it.
Librans are amongst the most civilized of the 12 Zodiac characters and are often good looking. This is correct except when Albert brings in parts of a bird he has killed. There is very little that is civilized about that. He is very good looking despite only having the one eye, however I would suggest that Aries Ram's are equally if not better looking. For reference I am a Ram and I have both my eyes. They have elegance (true - the way in which he slinks around the room without bumping into anything except the coffee table which has left a permanent bump on his head because he hits it every time, is almost hypnotic to watch), charm and good taste (well obviously. He picked me, didn't he?), are naturally kind (jury is still out here. I refer you to the aforementioned dead baby bird) and lovers of beauty and harmony. As long as harmony means restoring the balance of too many alive baby birds...

Apparently, they also have these positive traits:

Diplomatic and urbane - he's a cat, he doesn't negotiate treaties or deal in foreign relations. Although sometimes we have a language barrier, what with him being born and raised in America and me being foreign. Can be hard to have a conversation sometimes with our different accents. Plus. He's a cat.
Romantic and charming - when he feels like it. Otherwise, he will hiss at visitors which I think we can all agree is not charming. I try and discourage any romantic advances from him since he's, well...a cat.
Easygoing and sociable - if by sociable you mean, hates anyone that comes to the door and will spend long periods of time under the couch. Then, yes. He's got this one.
Idealistic and peaceable - very idealistic. For instance, he thinks he is in charge***. Generally he's fairly peaceable as long as he's asleep on the couch. Otherwise I think that the yowling at 3am most days is a good indication that peace is the last thing on his mind., Unless, he's cleaning up the neighborhood for peaceful times ahead. That's probably it...
 

And on the dark side:
 

Indecisive and changeable - very true. He will turn on you the instant you try and give him a bath even though you talked about it earlier and he seemed cool with it. Very indecisive, can never decide where is most inconvenient for him to sleep on me.
Gullible and easily influenced - it's true. He's really not a smart cat. I mean as I said to him, if all your friends were ripping out their eyeball and giving it to a feral cat, would you? Apparently, yes.
Flirtatious and self-indulgent - he will clean and preen himself all day if I don't put a stop to it. Plus then he looks at me with goo goo eyes. Excuse me, goo goo eye.


*Not really. It's just a convenient date that I picked that seems about right and fits in nicely with my half birthday. So, basically he has to share his day with me and he has no idea when his actual birthday is. Or who his father is...that's another story. Seems his mother was the local whore. We don't talk about it much...
**Side note: getting Albert to climb onto the scales to be weighed at the vet is an act of God. So, while his birth date is represented by Scales, he actually hates them. But he hates the vet more.
***Which is actually true

No comments:

Post a Comment