Monday, March 23, 2015

What I Saw On My Walk Today...

I have a habit of taking a walk on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I walk for about 6 miles around my neighborhood and yesterday I decided to walk to my storage unit- a round trip of 7.6 miles - and get some of my cushions to change up my place a bit. I walked through my neighborhood which is very Jewish, into the bottom part of Koreatown and ended up in a Peruvian/Ecuadorian community where I discovered that my cushions had been stolen from my storage unit. Luckily, I found them under my bed when I got home. Clearly the thieves changed their minds and decided to return them.  All in all a very culturally diverse trek.

Along the way, I saw a lot of interesting things - a lot of last night's dinner on the sidewalk in Koreatown. I didn't take pictures. I also had a carful of boy racers do a u-turn so they could pull up alongside and all blow me kisses. So that was nice. Scary but nice.

Toda House - where you go for all kinds of barbeque meats...
An unfortunate signage error at Toda House.  Unless they are also now barbequing Toads.
You cannot buy cocaine or heroin here.  Only ethical drugs.

Baby Shower and Birthday Party at the park.  I stopped in for a bit. 
I'm at a loss as to what this is.  Is it an alternative way to spell "Sticks"?  Even if it is, what are Mural Sticks?  And are they clever or are they smart as in somewhat dapper looking?  Please, someone enlighten me.  I gotta get some Mural Stix for my house.
In order to make it blend in with the wall decor, the barbed wire has also been spray painted a cheery sunshiney yellow.
Just gonna drag this couch home.  4 miles to go...

#Datenightcouch.  "Hey Baby - wanna get a pizza tonight and cuddle on the couch?"
Urban cow.  Spied him wandering about the yard...

Delicious round balls of something.
Toilet planter.  Next to the car planter.  S*&% is growing wild.  See how I made a clever toilet humor pun?

Pretty sure this is Santa and the plants have eaten him...Christmas is cancelled.
99 cents?  I'll have 50.
Mural depicting life in Los Angeles.  Seems very accurate.  Back in a minute, just going to park my donkey.
Mural depicting...umm.

Pigeon Repository
Pigeon Depository


Lone pine cone just waiting for his friends to fall off the tree.
Illicit photo of the Wilshire Country Club Golf Course.  Have not yet been invited to be a member, possibly they don't know how famous I am and how financially successful my blog is...

Very artistic photo of banana palm flower and baby bananas.  These people are growing them in their yard.  I'll come harvest them when they get a bit bigger.  Probably at night time...
And back home again.  With my turtles.  Albert loves turtles
Thinking of making my Sunday walks a regular Monday morning feature.  Except for the times when I just walk to the bottom of my street.  Which takes two minutes.  Those posts  might be a bit shorter...

No comments:

Post a Comment