Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Where Did Everyone Go?

I think the majority of my readers must be between 21 and 27 and they are all on Spring Break in Cancun and Cabo. That would explain my low number of page views. There can be no other reason. And really it's not a very good excuse, Mexico has the internet. And I think they'll find that I am equally as exciting as hot girls taking off their tops and alcohol. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone tell me that. Almost one at last count.

We didn't have the Spring Break ritual of going to some exotic location and behaving badly in New Zealand. When we were at University, we just behaved badly all the time. It's a lot cheaper. And we didn't have the internet* so nothing was immortalized forever on YouTube or Instagram.  Also, you can go across New Zealand or up and down New Zealand to get away but that's about it.  We are in the middle of the ocean, miles from anywhere...exotic meant Taihape, the Gumboot Capital of the World


For the record, these are some things that may or may not have happened on the "New Zealand Year Long Spring Break for Four Years"
  • Getting fined for peeing outside the dorms.  I know - as I write this, I wonder why it seemed like a good idea when we were so close to the inside toilet....
  • Setting off fire alarms - this still seems like a good idea.  What with firemen and all...
  • Throwing pickles at the windows on hamburger night in the cafeteria - first pickle to slide down to the floor wins!
  • Throwing mashed potatoes...that didn't work as well.  That was a bad idea.
  • Tufataring!  Can find no record of this on the internet so suspect the practice was stopped or there is some other way of spelling it.  Basically, get drunk, stand in a circle with your girlfriends, chant "tu fa ta, tu fa ta, tu fa tata" and take your top off.  It's the New Zealand version of Girls Gone Wild. Pretty sure I got as far as my singlet one time.  Important to always keep your chest warm with a nice woolen singlet.  Drives the men not at all wild.
  • Practice your vomiting styles - the helicopter, the pelican - with the ultimate goal of being awarded the Chunder King/Queen title.  A very esteemed honor...
See?  All good wholesome fun and no need for a tropical location with pool and people getting all fancy with their looks.

*Well I did because I am very young, but my friends didn't, because they are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment