Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St Paddy's Day - Yesterday

Now that I am being time efficient* and not writing on Tuesdays, I missed out on writing the exciting post I had for you all on St Patrick's Day. It was going to be pretty awesome. But I guess you'll never know. So instead I'm doing the poor man's St Patrick Day and since everyone but me is hung over and won't read this anyway, I'm pretty sure I just dodged a bullet.

Here's a brilliant** Irish Limerick to commemorate the occasion:

"I can't have any sugar and all I want is a green cupcake.This no-sugar thing is bullshit"

Can you feel the rhyming cadence just lilting from one sentence to the next?  Sign of a successful limerick. I would finish the second and third verses but I'm too weak from lack of sugar and they're not very celebratory. They are however full of piss and vinegar which apparently came from a John Steinbeck novel and he was American. So, safe to say with the exception of the word "green", there is nothing Irish about this post. 

Operation St Paddy's Day: Level Plobaireacht***

*Lazy
**Composed in the shower this morning so you know it's genius. Nothing bad comes out of the shower.
***When you’re crying and trying to speak at the same time but can’t make yourself clear, that’s plobaireacht. Probably because you couldn't have a cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment