Thursday, September 11, 2014

Confusion - When You Read Something That Doesn't Actually Say That

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to have a good friend from Portland come and visit me. He's an old room mate and probably the perfect guest because he agrees with everything I say and makes very little mess. I'm seriously considering moving him in and Albert out.

Before he arrived, he texted me about a store near me that he was very excited to visit. Apparently he has grand ideas about being a Warlock or Wizard and had found a place called Black Arts Magic. Which was weird because I walk up and down that street all the time and I've never seen it*. Probably because it's actually called Blick Art Materials. For art supplies. A clear case of (a) wanting something to be something else really badly and (b) reading the first letter and guessing the rest...


*I wasn't closing myself off to the thought that it was a bit like Platform 9 3/4. Maybe I needed to run at a brick wall and then I'd find myself magically in the store. But I was going to wait for him and have him run at the brick wall first...not only does he agree with everything, he will also do what he's told. Which often turns out badly for him. Sorry Schmad Schmeier...

No comments:

Post a Comment