Monday, October 20, 2014

Words I Don't Like And Will Never Use

  1. Hubby
  2. Moist - unless it's cake.
  3. LOL- I have never used this in any email or text and I never will.  I use "hah" which I think adequately addresses how I feel about things.  If you get a "hahaha" then you really tickled my fancy.  Or possibly I am laughing at you.
  4. Panties - what's wrong with undies or knickers?
  5. Banal*
  6. Chortle**
  7. Fanny pack***
  8. Australian
  9. Low-hanging fruit - I know this is a phrase, not a word and a commonly used business term but whenever anyone in management uses it, all I can thing of is a banana and 2 plums.  You get the picture...
  10. Turgid - I first saw this word when I was reading prohibited Mills and Boon books.  I'm not going to describe the situation or the other word used in conjunction with this but it rhymes with...actually no.  Read the books and figure it out.  This is a family show.  Albert is too young.
Any words you don't like?  We'll put them on the list and anyone that uses them will be punished.  Probably a severe beating is most appropriate.
 
*Banal - I used to like this word when I thought it was pronounced baynal. When I was corrected to baanaal, not so much.
**Does anyone really chortle these days? Except for Santa.
***Pretty sure I've explained the meaning of this before - America thinks it's no big deal but the rest of the world...gives us the giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment