Monday, December 2, 2013

Blog Earnings Update: One Step Away From Millionairism*...

So I monetized my blog - let Google Ad Sense put some ads up. I mean they asked nicely and seemed pretty desperate so I didn't like to say no. Some of you have been kind enough to click on them which I'm pretty sure generates revenue for me but also, I don't know.

Just in case it does, I've come up with a way to cheat the system.** Just going to leave my laptop open at home all day and every ten minutes Albert is trained to click on any ads. Going pretty well so far. Except for the part where he clicks on the ads. Which is strange because we went through a comprehensive training program. I pressed his paw down on the key, he got a treat and repeat. There were some lapses where he just lay on top of the keyboard but I figured something was bound to get pushed the more he lounged there.

I might have to come up with Plan B - which is paying someone to push the button in lieu of Albert doing it. I'm still working on the math of this, just having some trouble with currency and decimal points.

But I know you're all dying to know how much I made - I just checked the account and buggered if I can understand it. I think they're saying estimated earnings so far of $2.10 but then also they mention $7.85. So, my logic tells me it's one of those two.  My pessimism tells me it's the lower of the two***. I did the math and by my calculations, which we all know are completely accurate, it takes 20 million clicks to earn a dollar. So I am clearly very popular. Thank goodness I have 20 million friends. Please keep it up. Maybe one day, I'll have enough money to buy Albert a new eye.

*Is to a word.
**Hi Google - please stop reading for a minute.

***$7.85. I am a mathematical genius.Who wants me to be their accountant?

No comments:

Post a Comment