Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St Patrick's Day

In honor of St Patrick's Day which I missed because it was yesterday and I wore brown to work, I have written a limerick. Which I had to Google because initially I wrote a haiku*. Confusing my poetry styles, how very hipster of me.

There once was a lady** named Special K
Who couldn't rhyme if you paid her.
She thought about having a drink on St Paddy's
But went to Yoga instead.


So, this was good, no? I think I'm improving. Maybe one more...

There once was a Kiwi named Special K
Who had made her home in LA
She had plans to become a big star***
None of which went very far.
So she started an exceedingly witty blog**** in the hopes of making money
And all of you who read this, just donated a $1. Haha. Funny.
With the donations building up, she now has one dollar to spend
Looks like the St Paddy's festivities will never end.


If I wasn't being on my best behavior on this blog then this could have really taken a downward spiral. Maybe I need a secret blog where I can not behave as well...you will have to pay a membership fee.  Any takers?

*If you believed this then you give me too much credit. I'm lucky if I can make my walk rhyme with talk. Which I just did but that was hours of work. Twerk.
**Pushing it, I know...but "There once was a cheap slapper..." doesn't roll off the tongue so well and one shouldn't give oneself nicknames.
***Not really, I know my limits
****Results of a poll of one. And a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment