Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stuff That Happens In My Neighborhood

On Tuesday as I was leaving for work (note, did not fall down stairs this time so already day was looking up), I found that 4 blocks around my place had been shut down by the police and the helicopter was circling.  Ahh good times, reminded me of my place in Echo Park where you got nervous if the helicopter wasn't there*.  About 8 cop cars and multiple cops running around with guns.

People were being told to go inside and lock the doors so they all stood out on the street in their pajamas instead.  Authority means nothing to this town of actors - it's more important to observe in case they ever need to play one of these parts.  Police were running up and down the alleys, in and out of buildings because apparently there was a burglar running wild.  

Two things:

  1. Why would he pick that time of day to burgle people?  Everyone's getting up and getting ready for the day.  Could he not have gone and had a coffee for an hour until people left for work?  Terrible planning on his part.
  2. Who here thinks they could have taken him?  Albert could have taken him.  From under the couch.  With a well-timed swipe of his paw. 
    So we needed a police helicopter, 15 officers, some guns and some interested bystanders that just bystanded to take this guy down? 

*Throwback to diary post**, 2013: My street tonight - gunshots and now police helicopter circling. Police just used loud speaker thingy to tell those in the yellow house on the corner of Reservoir St to come out with their hands up and walk backwards to the side walk. I'm diagonal from the yellow house. Also, forgot color of house so have just gone out to check. Green/blue. I'm good. They keep telling a woman in the house to come out, she's not cooperating. Helicopter lights must be pretty powerful if they can tell someone is still in the house and it's a woman - have therefore decided to put clothes on. Also feel woman is not a very good criminal if she doesn't know to stay away from the windows and hide. Have sent Albert out to scout. Have retrieved Albert from under couch and sent him out again. Don't read this, Mum.
**Just kidding, I'm too lazy to have a diary - I stole this from my FB post. Well, I mean I have a diary because I love notebooks, I just don't like to write in them. It ruins them. Words ruin notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment