Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Since I have now made a point of observing all holidays blogularly*, I can hardly skip Valentine's Day. Even though it's not a real holiday and apparently not everyone is allowed to participate. I could go out with some single friends and we could pretend that we don't know what day it is or I could sit and reflect on some of my past Valentine's Day's gifts...

One time, I painted a terracotta pot with a heart and sent it to the boy I had a crush on at the time. It was pretty impressive but I don't know what I was thinking. What 18 year old male wants to get a planter pot as a gift? It wasn't even filled with anything. What did I think he was going to do with that?  Put it in his pocket? Not to worry, he ignored it completely and either it's currently (20 plus years on) growing a nice set of parsley or the mailman took a fancy to it and never delivered it. I'm going to put that on the list of gifts not to give.


This one time...I got nothing.  And then it happened again.  And again.  Times many times.

This year I got crafty and made my nieces some heartfelt gifts.  This happened:
  1. There was too much glue...
  2. I put moss in and realized after posting it that it might not make it through customs**. 
  3. Shit would not stick down.  Throwing it across the room also did not help.
  4. Decided there was not much I could do about (1) so just threw sparkly stuff at glue and whatever was still standing when the dust settled, made the grade
  5. 2 minutes in...got bored.
  6. 4 minutes in...ate the chocolates I bought for them
  7. 10 minutes in...realized problem was I was attempting to craft without wine.
  8. 1 hour later...should not have crafted with wine.  Accidentally bedazzled my yoga pants...and cat, bleeding and can no longer see creative vision.  Or anything else much...

Don't look too closely...

Girls love sparkly things.  Note: Not edible.  Tried.
*Is too a word. 
**Apparently made it through customs and I am very sorry, New Zealand, for introducing a dangerous moss that is about to bring down our entire agricultural system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment