Friday, May 23, 2014

Killing Fleas

Last night I was lying on the couch when I noticed a flea on my calf*. I watched for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to catch the little bugger. Really the only way to kill them is to squish them between your nails and break them in two. I had my knife from dinner beside me and briefly considered rearing up and trying to stab it before I remembered that my leg was involved in this operation and it didn't want to participate with knives. You can't move too much because they hop away and then you've lost them until the next time they reappear and bite you.

So I carefully engaged my core and pulled myself up in a sit-up, careful not to move a muscle. Brought my fingers in close to the blighter and pinched him hard. That freckle will not be bothering anyone anytime soon.

*Don't judge. Your kids probably have lice.

No comments:

Post a Comment