Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day in New Zealand falls on the same day as it does here in the US, unlike Father's Day. I don't know why you put them so close together, 'merica. We spread 'em out a little more so we can save up our money and give our parents a chance to improve. It does make it easier to remember than Father's Day since I've been bombarded with suggestions and advertising for a good month now. 

Unfortunately, not everyone delivers to New Zealand which is the only reason why Mum is not getting a lovely new car. The only reason. Remember, it's the thought that counts. I know you thought you were getting a lovely new car but sadly you are not.

I've been leaving hints for Albert all over the place. I over-estimated him though and they were a little too subtle. So now I have resorted to leaving him a list. In turn he left me a list of things he would like to have:

  • The ability to read.
Don't think either of us is getting what we wanted. So I guess, we'll do what we always do. Buy myself some earrings from the cat. Can't wait until he can afford diamonds.

1 comment:

  1. Think of it this way, whatever you want to treat yourself with is what Albert wants for you. Cleo is going to buy me something, too. I have to figure out what it is but so far some ChloƩ perfume or purse are her top ideas. Oh, and a trip to Paris, so yeah. Cleo bought me this trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete