Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter

Yes, I realize it was a while ago but I've made a point of writing about all the holidays and since I was on a plane for Easter Sunday and America doesn't give me Good Friday off*, I'm just now remembering it. Which is surprising because the additional tummy roll I just discovered is a direct result of the Easter eggs I ate. Don't worry I'm combating it this week with something that you'll hear about next week. I'm starting Lent** after Easter. Seems to make more sense. 

I always buy Easter eggs for my family, they like the different American ones, and because I like to be organized, I got them way ahead of time and planned to post them to New Zealand a week beforehand. I only had to go back to Target for replacements 4 times. Sometimes organizational skills can be detrimental to your diet.

Easter was kind of a big deal in my family - we grew up doing a bunch of the American traditions of dying eggs and Easter egg hunts because my father was American and he brought those things from his childhood. My brother and I had the baskets we still have today, I don't think he uses it anymore. Probably doesn't think he looks very cool hopping around with a green and yellow basket. Probably right. I still do though.

The Easter egg hunt was awesome because I was the oldest of the cousins and I would find most of the eggs first and then beat them to get them to give me theirs. I love Easter. Then we would have a lot of egg sandwiches. Usually one egg didn't get found. Until next year. I let the brother and cousins have that one.

Nowadays because I live so far away, I usually get Amazon gift cards or scratchies for Easter. Pretty big win this year - texted my brother with the results "Tell mum we have a total winnings of $9. Everyone quit their jobs." His response "Invest it. You can live off the interest."

As I told him, good plan - he always had a better head for numbers than me. We had the same math teacher but clearly he understood more than me.

So that was Easter. For the next week, I'm accepting Easter eggs as payment so don't hold back.

*I'm at the mercy of "The Man". He doesn't want me to eat chocolate. Fascist. Chocolate fascist.  Easter bunny hater.
**Am not entirely sure what this is but think I am unable to eat or use Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. You give people so much insight into your life. There's no way I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe it's all lies! You'd be surprised how much I keep back - besides the majority of people that read are friends who know a lot anyway :)

      Delete
    2. If it's all lies then your a good story teller. Get to writing a book pronto!

      Delete