Monday, December 1, 2014

Chivalry Is Not Dead

Last night on my way to Trader Joe's, I was walking down the road behind a nice couple when he made her switch places with him so that he was on the road side and she was protected from any cars contemplating mounting the pavement and hitting her*. Very gentlemanly. So, I did the same with my partner. Switched my Nordstrom bag to the other hand so it was on the road side and could protect me**.

Initially I thought he could have been a bit more loving and held her hand like I was doing with my Nordstrom bag handle. But after listening to their conversation a bit more, I realized it was her brother. So, that's ok. Saw my opportunity and slipped my hand into his...***

*Although, the chances of him using his "about to be crushed" body to shield her seem a little unlikely.
**Nordstrom bags are know for their protection abilities. And even better, you can still return the item after it has been hit by a car, cos they'll take anything back. You don't even have to buy it from Nordstrom to take it back...although they drew the line at Albert.
***I know what you're thinking. I had to have been right up in their business at this stage and you were right. Also, there really wasn't room for three of us to walk on the sidewalk so I was sort of behind them holding his hand. I admit it - things were starting to get awkward****.
****Don't be ridiculous. Of course I didn't try and hold his hand. That's what crazy women do. I just kissed him good night and left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment