Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Parties

It's that time of year where everyone is going to their work Christmas parties. Some of these are very elaborate affairs - like my corporate one for the whole company. NBCUniversal opened up Universal Studios Hollywood for the first time to all the employees for free rides, free food and games and a chance to watch the Whoville spectacular. Pretty fancy...see


See - I was totally invited.  Didn't even have to sneak in.
In case there was any doubt...
Look, I'm in Paris.  Says so.
Also says I am in 1938 so am apparently time traveling in a different country.
The dessert buffets set up all over the Park.  It's ok though, I only had one.  Of everything.  At each table.  Even with my math that comes out to more than necessary.
The Grinch.  Made the kids laugh by burping.  So I burped too.  Silence.
Whoville red carpet.  Not a pee stain.
See, just my shadow.  Damn, shadow adds 10 pounds to the camera.Apparently from the waist down, I am just a blob-like creature. In a muumuu.
Whoville copper - and just a very small section of my face and hair.  On review, it was the best section so I had to crop the rest of myself out.
Something else Whoville-like.  Grinch's house?  Grinch gramophone?  The nice thing is someone is bound to want to correct me...and then we'll all know!
Whoville Christmas tree.  Looks exactly like mine at home.  But not as good.  A bit flashy if you ask me...
Anubis just walking around like he owns the Park.  Although to be fair, was not about to quibble with him.  Park's all yours, buddy.

Anubis gets Osiris on the line...Dude, you should come down to the Park.  There's like free food and hot chicks,  Especially this blonde one that just walked in front of me.  She something about me being a party favor and therefore she's entitled to take me home.  Need you to cover for me.

Bright lights and slightly suspect outfits.  Apparently these people are not up with the Corporate dress code.

Really great shot.  By me. 
Jurassic Park - excellent timing.  By me.  FYI - if you were on that ride, you got wet.
Even the stars in the sky cooperated for the party...look Orion's belts.  And his guitar strings.
Someone "Santified" a statue...
Perfect Minion ornament.  Could not "borrow" for my tree because they had people guarding them...I swear I was going to put it back.
Took some great shots of live animals they had:
The back of a baby fox
The back of a penguin.
Bloody animals see me coming and do this deliberately.  Not too minutes earlier they were all cuddling and doing tricks with small children.  Soon as I approach, they become back-facing statues.  I do question the intelligence of putting these live animals together. You have a baby fox, penguins and a huge eagle. Which you can't see because I went to take his picture and he gave me a look suggesting it was a questionable idea.   Then he ate the other two animals..
Who doesn't want to visit a land called Krusty??  Sounds idyllic...
You can not pick these Minions up and pop them in the back of your car.  They are for looking at only.  Who knew.
This one looked like trouble anyway
See.  he's going to attack the man and hug him to death from behind.
Even Spongebob won't play nicely with me...

And for the piece de resistance...a video showing the lighting of the Whoville Christmas tree.  It's all very nice but feel like they copied me a bit since I do this every evening at my house.  It's a little more elaborate because I don't like to do anything by halves but maybe I can give them some tips for next year...


Have every confidence that this video will not work...

No comments:

Post a Comment