Thursday, December 4, 2014

Stupid Suppliers*

Hi Kirsten -

Word version is attached. Please track all changes, as our legal counsel will need to review prior to signatures.

Thanks,

--Nick


Oh really, Nick**, that would never have occurred to me?  Well, allow me to turn on track changes and red-line your email 


Dear Kirsten (Can I use Dear even though we just met? I feel I know you so well from all the nice things my colleague had to say about you),

The Word version is attached for your review. I know you already know this because you are a consummate professional and also a recent certificate graduate of the Harvard Law School, Program of Negotiation, but might I remind you to please track all changes, as our Legal counsel will need to review prior to execution.  

Thanks,

--Nick (Nick – were the double dashes necessary? What does that add? Or is it that I need to double pause before saying your name, cough twice, hiccup? Or is your name in fact Dash Dash Nick?  If so, then I would like to be referred to as Colon Asterisk Kirsten.)


*Probably I am due for retirement.  I've put in a good couple of years, don't want to overdo it.  Best to go out on a high note.
**Not his real name.  Well okay it is his real name because the only other name I could think of rhymed with Nick and it wasn't very complimentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment