Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Getting A Xmas Tree

I'll be honest, it's been a while since I've had my own tree and it's because I firmly believe, you need four things to make it memorable and worthwhile:
  1. Family or a significant other. With family, you can reminisce about the ornaments and their history as you put each one up, including all the really shitty ornaments that you made as a kid that your mother kept and loves dearly and wouldn't dream of not hanging them on the tree*. With a significant other, you can make it romantic by wrapping them in popcorn chains and eating it off...I think I've made my point
  2. Snacks that are terribly bad for you - not the popcorn because that's supposedly healthy, also can be quite strenuous exercise if you do it right. See above.
  3. Wine or your choice of alcohol
  4. Albert
Well two out of four isn't bad. Although, I have to say, the wine participated a lot more than Albert. I think at one point, he just left.

Anyway, this year, I decided to suck it up and just do it without feeling sorry for myself for not having 1 and 2 above. I did not succeed in this but I did end up with a tree. I went to my storage unit, retrieved the very cleverly labelled (by me - not only am I artistic, but I'm clever.  And organized) box that said Xmas decorations and took them home to see what I had. In the morning, I was all for getting one from Trader Joe's but had to rethink my options.


Think this is ten feet high.  Also, don't know how high ten feet is since I was brought up on the metric system but after a few calculations..seems right. 
Room for just the one ornament. So, that wasn't going to work. Because I have two.

And now for the cliffhanger...you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to see how it turned out. How's that for a cliffhanger? Did she get one? Was it the right size? Is it a Noble fir or a Douglas? Stay tuned, all your burning question will be answered tomorrow. Because I have to go to bed now because of the wine in the aforementioned number 3 above.


*Quite right, really, I am very artistically gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment