Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Event No. 2

So for my Saturday night I decide to go to a new Meet-Up group event.  For those of you that don't know about Meet-Up...good.  Invariably they are pretty average. But there is a Meet-Up group for anything you can think of* and some of them have a pretty big turnout.  This one was supposed to have 533 people and I was planning on talking to 530 of them - there's always a few that you don't want to bother with.  It was titled "Christmas in July Bonfire".  July was correct.  Everything else, not so much.  Apparently last year's was held at the beach but due to the fact that you can't drink alcohol on any SoCal beach without getting ticketed by the police, the location was changed.  To a Credit Union.  I know - that's the first place I thought of too.  Because nothing says "Christmas in July Bonfire" like a Credit Union**

Still, it was a pretty well organized event and I admire the coordinator for pulling that many people together.  The big drawcard for me was the 2 Lechon pigs that she ordered (and the S'mores but I wasn't quick enough for them).  Basically 2 fat suckling roast piggies eyeballing me.  One of them even had teeth still.  I probably could have done without seeing their faces, snouts and little legs propped up underneath them.  But I managed to push through and eat his left flank anyway.

There's no point texting him, he's dead.
Think he has probably had better days...
Silently screaming...
Woo hoo bonfire!  Now that's what I call a...well a fire in a grate.
This was a gathering for  "Professionals" (but I went anyway).  As did this gentleman.  Nothing says "Professional;" like a tank top with the words "Who needs big guns, when you've got a big dick."
 *I just thought of at least ten things that there are not Meet-Up groups for so that's not true.
**Courtyard and parking lot so plenty of space.  Although only about 200 showed up so I was able to really stretch out in front of the bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment