Wednesday, July 16, 2014

LA River Rafting...Through Pictures

Not a kayak. 
River shoes.  Always be prepared.  And if you can be prepared in pink, all the better.

River shoes in action.  My goal was to keep my feet dry and preserve my pretty shoes.  Nailed it...
Friends of the LA River stop off point.  Absolutely no frogs.  Very misleading.
Spied some wildlife and crept up close to get a shot.  Also, man in a helmet.  Birds apparently not afraid of him.  He is the Bird Whisperer.
Paddle instruction.  I aced this.  Only hit two people with my paddle and hardly fell down the bank at all.  Probably get an award of some sort...

Ahhh.  How's the serenity...
When you go kayaking, always take 5 teenagers with you.  It'll be awesome (ish).
Very hard to take a selfie in a kayak.  Let's all pretend this man is me.  Except I was better.
Just your classic river graffiti...PTB - Pop The Boat? 
Everyone still intact - big improvement on 2 mins before.  They're all acting super casual for this photo, as if they weren't arse backwards a few minutes ago.
Toot toot.
Can hardly tell we're surrounded by concrete.  Also, we can't get out.
I finally saw wildlife...even if he wouldn't turn around.  White Egret.  Looks like plastic shopping bag but pretty sure it's nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment