Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The First Of My Weekend Events...

Neither of which was a success* but at least it gives me something to write about...

USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena was having a "Fusion Friday" night. With wine. Why would I turn that down? I love wine. That sounds like they invited me as an honored guest. Not so, I invited myself and honored them with my presence. But just for an hour*...

The evening's festivities.  Note: Did not win the prize but did win Happy Hour.  If winning Happy Hour means buying wine.






This person let me sit next to them on their bench.  It was their first selfie...

One of these things is not like the other.  That's right, old guy in the background - get out of my authentic cultural photo.  And stop making it blurry.
This is the Korean drumming section leaving.  They waited until I went to the bathroom before starting and we synchronized our finish times..I'm sure they were excellent.

What you're not seeing here is the girl dancing with ribbons on her hat.  You're seeing the spot that she was in.  I'm sure she was excellent too.  Probably feels like you're getting the complete cultural experience with all of my quality photos. 
Possibly a blind sheep?
Very pretty lily pond.  Mostly none of my feet landed in here when trying to take a photo of aforementioned cultural events.
Craft center - putting clothes on the Korean dolls.  Not my hands.  I would have done it better.  And used buttons.
At least he gave her eyes.  Tried to help with my previous female garden gnome painting experience but there was a language barrier...
Car Park (Parking Lot) Dragon.  Does not watch over car park, I had to park on the street - thought he would have saved me a spot.
*And by success, I mean I did not win the door prize of millions of dollars, make new friends or have an awesome time.
**Am not sure they noticed I was there. Or that I left...

No comments:

Post a Comment