Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Handful Of the Conversations I Regularly Have...

This is probably going to offend some people. And by people I mean Americans. Which means my readership may drop back down to 3. So, I'm going to need the New Zealander's to step it up a bit until I can get the Americans back. What do you say we all pick on the Aussies tomorrow?

Stupid person: Are you from Australia?
Me: No, New Zealand

Stupid Person: Yeah, I thought I recognized the accent
Me: Probably right after I told you

Different stupid person: Where are you from?
Me: New Zealand
Still stupid person but still different one: Oh cool, that’s next to Sweden, right?
Me: No, that’s Norway.

Blind drunk stupid person: Have you seen a hobbit?
Me: Yes.

Stupid Person: Do you eat turkey for Thanksgiving in New Zealand or something else?
Me: The Mayflower didn't make it to us, so...

Stupid Person: Are you going home to New Zealand for the weekend?
Me: Yes. I have a time travel portal
Stupid Person: Really?
Me: No.

Stupid Person: Has anyone ever said "throw another shrimp on the barbie" to you?
Me: No - that's so original. Did you think of that by yourself? 



Culturally Unaware person: Why do New Zealander's call themselves a fruit?
Me: The nickname comes from a bird called the Kiwi
Culturally Unaware person: Have you eaten a Kiwi
Me: Yes, it was roasting next to the shrimp on the barbie
Culturally Unaware person: Does it taste like chicken?







8 comments:

  1. Are you guys the "freesh feesh" people or the "frush fush" people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love this. Some questions I get:

    Me: i'm from Toronto, Canada
    Clueless person: Canada... do you know (insert name)?
    Clueless person 2: Do you have a 4th of July?
    Me: yes, and we have a 5th of July, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I forgot about the "Do you know X?"

      Delete
  3. SpecialK, do you know my dentist? Technically he's a Chiwi, (Chinese-kiwi) so it's possible you don't. But if you do, can you put in a kind word? Thanks.

    BTW, loved the scenery in Croc Dundee, your homeland looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day mate - I"m told that New Zealand is 20 years behind the rest of of the world so I really hope that isn't going to impact your dental work.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha!
    This so reminds me of Flight of the Conchords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much the highest of compliments - thanks!

      Delete