Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

I used to make all the big New Year resolutions like...
  1. Exercise more
  2. Lose weight
  3. Save the world
  4. Save the whales
  5. Learn brain surgery
And then when I realized I couldn't stick to them for more than a couple of days or it wasn't working, I knocked the pressure down a notch and went to...
  1. Floss every day
  2. Wash makeup off before going to bed
  3. Regular car maintenance*
  4. Curse at other drivers, just a little bit less.** 
This year, I have resolved to do the following and since I'm putting it out here, I will now have to do them***:
  1. Take a Math class****
  2. Learn Spanish - really more of a brushing up on my skills since I am fluent. In hello.
  3. Brush Albert daily.  Even writing this, I am bored already. Will just leave brush lying around with manual and see if he does it himself.  Technically cats should do their own grooming. Feel he might be a little spoiled.
  4. Stop scraping hub caps against curb when parallel parking.  Hardly ever happens...
  5. Buy self more gifts.  You should always have a selfless resolution where you give to others.  
2013 Successes of Note
  1. Albert has finally started using his cat bed. While I wanted him to do this for some time, I have now realized, I have to clean his fur from it. Thinking it's time he went back to cold, hard, wooden floor. Any other parents out there experiencing thoughts like this with their babies and cots?
  2. That is all.  It was a lean year.
*This is actually not possible.
**Work in progress - it's ok to start this one over every day

***Actually not true.  I am fickle and I don't care what you think of me for failing.  Also, I will lie about it. 
****Not actually necessary because I am brilliant at math but lately I have started to wonder if there is some new stuff that was discovered that I don't yet know how to do.  Like  addition and percentages.

No comments:

Post a Comment