Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Things That Are A Mystery...To Me

  1. Fitted sheets. Now, granted I would rather have fitted sheets when I'm sleeping than regular ones that come with me whenever I turn over, but when they're off the bed, I don't want to know them. I know I can YouTube a video on how to fold them properly but let's be honest, it's a lot quicker to roll them in a ball and hide them in your linen cupboard until you need them.
  2. Putting the duvet inner into the duvet cover. I can do a Single but give me Queen and above and there will be tears. I have to physically climb into the cover holding the ends of the inner, stretching out flat so I reach both ends and then backing out carefully*.
  3. Dry cleaners. I cannot for the life of me figure out how they can push a button and all those garments on the conveyor belts rotate around until my clothes stop right in front of me. It's magic.  I think there is a lot of science involved in this part.  Physics possibly.
  4. Eggs.  Eggs are very complicated.  Except hard boiled eggs. I get those right every time. 
  5. Tamales.  I think what goes into them is a bit dodgy.  I can't seem to identify the insides.
  6. CD players that can have more than one CD loaded into them at a time**.  This one time, I had a car*** and I would put a CD into the player and it would eat it up.  So I would put another one in and then after a while, I had no more CD's left.  And I would get in and a different band would be playing than when I got out and it was very confusing.  Until someone pointed out that I had a 6CD player.  I still don't know how to get them out but will use that as a selling point when it's time to let the car go. "2003 Mazda 6S (S for Sport) - comes with alternative paint job on rear bumper, cool boy-racer exhaust/muffler**** sound and 6 CDs".
  7. Taxes. And why I have to pay them.  Every year I do mine with Turbo Tax and my eyes closed.  You win some, you lose some.
  8. Time Zones.  Today, it is tomorrow and several hours ahead somewhere. Unless it is yesterday and several hours behind some other place.  Try explaining that to a small child and not looking crazy.  Or a cat.
  9. The Lottery. How come I never win?  Seems a very unfair system.
  10. Sewing. Why get an expensive machine when staples and tape will do the same job.
*I'm pretty sure there is going to be a bunch of you that will give me most excellent tips on how to do 1 and 2. Don't. I've got a system now. It's not perfect and sometimes there is cursing and open wounds but if you come and stay, it will look perfect. Just don't touch anything or look underneath.
**I realize this is now a bit obsolete but it's a step up from the CD player in the trunk/boot so I think I'm still relevant...
***I still have this car.  If you want to buy it, I am selling it for a lot of money.  It's totally worth it. 
****And smell.  Think these two pieces of the car might be the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment