Thursday, January 30, 2014

Things You Don't Know About Rugby

In light of the recent Rugby 7's competition, I thought I would explain a few things for those who aren't as familiar with Rugby and particularly my thoughts on it. Which are useless...
  • I play better than you might think*
  • I played Hooker** at University.
  • Rugby players are more handsome than NFL players. Except for the ears. The Americans might have something with that helmet thing.

Mmm cauliflower.


Has anyone seen my...never mind, I found them.
  • New Zealand is the best at Rugby. Even when we lose. Still the best. Not open for debate.
  • The New Zealand team is known as the All Blacks - this is not a racist term, America, as many have suggested to me. We*** wear "all black" uniforms.
  • There is no crying in Rugby.
  • This one time I offered face painting at a rugby match. This guy wanted a silver fern.

Like this


I think it came out well. Add this to the list of things I am good at...

  • Hot chips with tomato sauce and a sausage on a stick are really what rugby is all about. 
  •  This is also what it's all about.  I put down my sausage on a stick for this...
 
 I don't know why America calls it Football - mostly it's in their hands. This is something I don't know that I'm just throwing in there. Cos I can't think of much else that I know about rugby...
*No, I don’t. I’m terrible.
**There is nothing you can say about this that I haven’t already heard. I was a damn fine hooker. The only time I touched the ball was when I threw it in which was a face-saving measure. Literally. I wanted to save my face from being mashed in. My career was short-lived. I looked really good in my rugby jersey. Which was the main reason for playing. Our team was really good at celebrating. Our losses.
***Also I am calling myself an All Black now...

1 comment: