Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cake Decorating 1

My friend and I have taken up a new hobby. And by taken up, I mean we haven't done it yet but it's going down next week. We're in the ideas phase. This is different to my other hobbies that didn't really take. Like exercise. It's still in the ideas phase.  

We're going to become master cake decorators (just in our spare time - she's too busy with her real job and I'm too busy making money off my blog). We're on a strict timeline to nail this hobby:
  1. Recon mission to Michaels scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping to keep ourselves* in check and not buy everything we don't need and will only use one time when we get bored of our new hobby.  Tomorrow.
  2. Individual cake baking on Monday - already we know that you don't frost cakes straight from the oven...learned that the hard way.  Has anyone ever taken the cupcakes your Mum baked for the school bake sale and eaten them on the way?  Yeah, me either.
  3. Tuesday is D-Day. Decorating Day - technically night because we're not allowed to decorate cakes at work.  They're stifling me. We're very excited about non-confirmed self-diagnosed creative genius.
My friend (who in order to preserve her anonymity, I will just say that her name rhymes with Schmistine), has chosen to make a designer shoe and shoebox for her very first attempt at cake decorating. Who else thinks this is an overly ambitious idea? Who else is not gonna say a word**? My concern with Schmistine is that she's been a little all over the place with the cake design choice - we've gone from a diversity cake (she works in Supplier Diversity) to a castle and now a shoe. All I know is that she's reading this so I am very supportive of all her choices.
Diversity Fondant?

I just want to go on record with the following predictions - I'm not saying it's Doomsday because obviously I'm a very positive person***, I'm just saying...when attempting to fight fire with fire, remember the Fire Department usually uses water.  And so it begins...
 
I am Pro-cake.  I am also Pro-eating it

  1. I predict that we will be drunk decorating - not me Mum, Schmistine.  She's a terrible influence.
  2. I predict the high heeled shoe will become a flat. The shoe box will hit me in the head when I point this out.
  3. Someone will have to cut fondant out of their hair.  I vote for Schmistine 
  4. I predict that the end of the night will involve the two us collapsed in a heap on the floor, eating fistfuls of cake
And so it ends...
Net Result??

So stay tuned to see what actually happens****. If mine is a huge success, you will hear about it.  Also if hers is a huge disaster, you will hear about it.  If mine is a huge failure, we will never speak of this again... next hobby?

*I'm very concerned about Schmistine, she really has no control.  Unlike me.  I really needed that fondant photo printer and cutter.  Not true but I'm getting it.  Don't tell Schmistine.
**I actually said many words about this but now I have learned my lesson
***And a liar
****Clever marketing ploy to get you to keep reading...you'll never know when part 2 will come up so you keep checking and reading every day...only to be hopelessly disappointed.  

3 comments:

  1. My name is Schmistine, and I approve this message!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it! My name is not Schmistine, nor did I approve this message!

    ReplyDelete