Thursday, October 3, 2013

Special K - What Does it Really Mean?

When I first came up with the name, I was really just thinking about me and how I am special. I am. My Mum said so. And Albert thinks I'm special too. And...well, that's just two people (a cat can be a people, if you don't have real people) but that's a very good start. I really wasn't thinking about the cereal and how I would have to fight with a corporate giant about keeping my blog name once I became famous. However, since I have a very strong argument for keeping the name - "I am special. I am. My Mum said so. And Albert thinks I'm special too" - it shouldn't be an issue. Thank goodness I have a law degree and could come up with such a logical and cohesive argument.
irsten

But, turns out, there's another definition for Special K - apparently it's also an anesthetic used by vets primarily for sedating horses. Also very popular in the 90's as a rave drug with the downside being that ..."If you took too much K or took it all alone, you would crash into this state where it was almost impossible to snap out of whatever scenario was running in your head and bodily movement was next to impossible."* Which sounds a lot like dead to me.

*http://gawker.com/5880557/ketamine-is-the-worlds-dumbest-drug

Obviously, I do not condone the use of Special K (unless by Special K, you mean me but I also do not condone the use of using me) or any other drug. When advised by my legal representative, which is me, on the stance to take, I advised myself to take a firm position. This is a serious matter and I have issued the following statement.


This has been a public service announcement by Special K, akaspecialK who is very responsible and you can totally leave your children with her.  They will not end up doing drugs, however, I can not be responsible for returning them with both their eyes.

When I started this blog thing, I didn't think I'd have to be more popular than cereal or a horsy drug. This is a cutthroat world we live in and competition is tough. So, I have come up with reasons as to why I am better than both cereal and Ketamine:
  1. I am wheat and gluten-free
  2. I am more fun than being at a rave on ketamine - I play Scrabble, knit and can bang out Chopsticks on the piano albeit with a few pauses.  Good times
  3. I am not a chunky powder that is pale yellow. Neither of which sounds appealing
  4. When you overdose on me, bodily movement will not be next to impossible. I don't know what this means.
  5. Ketamine is a downer - I am also a downer so this is a poor example.
  6. I was not introduced to the USA in 1956, it was 1973. Everyone** agrees it was a much better year.
  7. My Special K Challenge*** has better prizes.
  8. I do not come in ten different varieties. Just one. A really good one. No comments, please
**In addition to calling myself "The Doctor" and "Legal Representation", I am also calling myself "Everyone".
***I don't have a Special K Challenge.  Anyone want one?
 
Dedication - Thank you to the two people that alerted me to the fact that I'd named my award-winning blog**** after a drug and for the idea for this post. You know who you are. Thank you everyone else for letting them know since they don't read this. No monies will be paid for the idea, however I do have 17 round Tupperware containers, 2 square lids for trade. I'd offer up the South Koreans but they already left.

****Award awarded by me

2 comments: