Monday, October 7, 2013

Dating Tips 2

I'm trying something new - a different dating app every week. Last week it was "How About We". You upload your profile and then you create dates starting with "How about we..."  If someone is interested in your date then they can send you an actual message or notify you that they are "intrigued" by the date idea. At which point, nothing else happens.  It's very effective.

I have a demographic - turns out I am very attractive to the 26 and below market and 51 and above - all the way to 68. So far no one has responded to any of my dates:

  1. How About We...shoot ourselves
  2. How About We...not do this
  3. How About We...pick someone our own age
  4. How About We...get matching tattoos 

So far I have received one notable message - from someone who is allegedly a native English speaker and according to his profile, has a Masters degree, although in what is unclear but I will hazard a guess that it's not Communication. I have added comments where necessary so that you can understand his message and please note, I have not interfered with his grammar or spacing at all...

How are u doing today?my (requires a capital M) name is David and just come across you.1 (sometimes a 1 can be substituted for an I) must confess,your profile has really captured my attention I am very kind gentle and understanding to live with (apparently we are moving in together) ,am here looking for sincere,honest caring and loving woman (not it) to spend the rest of my life with,I come across your (my what?) and am very interested in getting to know you and I believe as time comes you and I will be able to create a rap ore ( A what? A sharp knock and some mineral deposits?) between us and can you tell me a bit about you (No.) and what are you looking for in a relationship partner?take care and have a great day, (and just when you thought he was done...)I would also love to spend time talking to you online to see how we can get closer to each other because as you can see communication is the best key to every relationship (I certainly can).If you are also serious and looking for something serious as i have let you know am looking for,you can send me mail to XXXXX (I deleted this because I know my friends and he doesn't deserve the emails you were going to send him)and i look forward to hear from you soon.

I know - you all think I'm mean and picky.  I am. 

This week it was Swoon - you flick through photos of people and yay or nay them - the only info you get is whether you have any Facebook friends in common, their age, location and whether you have mutual FB likes. They can't tell that you have looked at them unless they "swoon" over you too, in which case, I imagine you go on to get married and have a perfect life. Not one man older than 36. I lasted 2 hours.

Previously I tried Coffee and Bagel which is supposed to set you up with friends of friends from FB which is a lie. At noon every day, females get sent a "Bagel" and you decide whether you want to accept your "bagel" or pass. I'm allergic to wheat so this one wasn't for me.

So, if you think you have a better one and you want me to test it out for you.  No.

3 comments:

  1. Too Funny - but seriously, why are you playing so hard to get??? This guy might be a "diamond in the rough" sort....

    ReplyDelete